Monday, January 25, 2010

What Romans 8 Taught Me Today

I have been studying Romans in my personal devotion time this past week, and I have been learning so much! Each day the particular chapter I am reading seems to fit in perfectly with what I am dealing with on that day. God Is Great! Today I have been acting like my typical sinful self, but God has displayed His grace for me once again by calming my every fear through His Word.

Here's what I learned in Romans 8 Today...

I was full of guilt for my shameful sins, and God whispered to me..
"There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." (Romans 8:1)

I was feeling stuck, as if there was hope of me ever changing, and God challenged me..
"If by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live." (Romans 8:13)

I was feeling tired of the criticism I have been facing as a believer, and God reminded me..
"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us." (Romans 8:18)

I was feeling riddled with sickness, laying in bed all day and waiting in anticipation for the day when sickness is no more, and God healed me..
"We ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies." (Romans 8:23)

I was praying differently, confused and unsure of what to say, and God prayed for me...
"Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought to, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words." (Romans 8:26)

I was stressed about my looming student debt, and my joblessness, and my hazy future, and God calmed me...
"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28)

I was overwhelmed by the prospect of failure, of not making it to the day where I could see my sweet Saviour's face, and God told me the truth, which is hope..
"Those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justifed he also glorified." (Romans 8:30)

In one chapter, God calmed my heart seven different unique times. Only a loving Father would do this for His child. I do not deserve such love.

No comments:

Post a Comment