Friday, January 15, 2010

Jesus, The Only Reason I Can Find To Blog!

I've decided to start a blog.

Not because I think that there is something particularly interesting about me that others will be intrigued by, but because I want to grow and share my journey towards a deeper joy in my Saviour and Lord, Jesus Christ.

Proverbs 31 contains a poem about a woman who fears the Lord. She is also an excellent wife, her children call her blessed, her entire family praises her. This woman is a great cook, is money-wise, has entrepreneurial skills, is a great interior decorator, is compassionate towards the poor, she's also gardener, and had boundless energy. Just reading about this woman makes me tired.

When I read this chapter about 3 months ago I needed to take break. I printed it and put it on my fridge, but I rarely read the exhausting verses. However, God has bigger plans and is merciful. He imprinted these words on my heart, causing them to creep up into my mind often throughout my day. I yearn to be this woman, although I do not know where to begin.

My prayer is that as I journey to become like the woman in Proverbs 31, other young women will also long to embark on this journey with me. This blog will only be used to bring God glory, to honour the Most High, and to blog praises in Jesus' name.

Please join me in praying that God will change our hearts and transform us into Proverbs 31 Girls.

Much Love,

Brianna

1 comment:

  1. Passionate woman. I remember an independant one too. I hope we can visit more often. It seems as though your story has a few gaps. I hope this isnt due to ~ something we did or did not do. Please let me know, so we can work on it ~ as a family. Ive always appreciated your spiritual passionate side and your creativity.

    Love, your brother
    Aaron

    ReplyDelete